- 1) Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes before collecting samples.
- 2) The swab tips should not come into contact with any surface other that the inside of the cheek at any point before, during or after collection
- 3) Move the swab up and down while also rotating. It's very important to rotate the swab with your fingers.
- 4) Allow the swab to dry before storing. At least one hour.
- 2022-08-30 01:11:29
- DNA sampling - Kit
How to make my own DNA kit and collect the samples to send to the lab? Step by Step (Home Kit)
Below you will find step-by-step instructions as well as a list of required materials needed to complete your sample collection kit.
To do the home DNA paternity test we will need:
- Two sterilized swabs for each person to be tested (it is important that the tip of the swab is cotton).
- You will also need 2 (two) paper envelopes to put the cotton swabs in after the samples have been collected (one envelope for each participant.
Advantages of this option:
- Faster and more practical than the other options (does not wait for a turn, nor does it wait for the mail with its kit).
- More economical (the price of the test is reduced).
- Payment will be made later (only when the DNA samples arrive at the laboratory).
Precautions before starting the paternity test at home
- Participants must not eat or smoke for one hour before the samples are taken.
- To collect an adequate sample, it is important that the person has a clean mouth. Adults and children: Rinse the mouth three times with lukewarm water. Infants: Let the infant drink room temperature water from a bottle before taking the sample.
- Don't use mouthwash or toothpaste.
- Don't touch the end of the swab at any time; not even to check if it's dry.
To make your own dna kit you will need to:
Buy two sterilized swabs for each person to be tested, it is important that the tip of the swab is cotton.
If you can't get swabs of this type, then you can use the common swabs (you can get them at any pharmacy) that come with two cotton ends, in this case you will need to cut one of the cotton ends, so there is only one cotton stick left. other end. (As shown in the picture).
Buy white paper envelopes, small in size, one for each person to be tested, where the swabs (2) will be kept for each person, after having collected the sample.
IMPORTANT: Before putting the swabs in each envelope, you must clearly write the following information on the outside of each envelope:
- Full name
- Relationship (family bond): eg. Possible father, son, uncle, grandmother, etc.
Buy a large envelope, in which the small envelopes that will contain the swabs with the DNA samples can be kept.
Please take the time to read all of the instructions to ensure you understand how to collect your DNA samples and submit them correctly.
How to Collect DNA Samples: Step-by-Step Instructions (Sample Collection Instructions)
Take one of the swabs and sweep it across the inside of your cheek and under your tongue for 30 seconds. Make sure the cotton end of the swab does not touch any surface other than the inside of your mouth to avoid contaminating the DNA samples.
Repeat the same action with the second swab (we need at least 2 swabs with DNA samples per person).
After removing the swabs from your mouth, place them in a glass for 1 hour (cotton side up) to dry.}
Once the swabs are dry, store them in the attached envelope for this person.
Make sure you have correctly completed the information requested on the envelope containing the DNA samples.
Keep the two small envelopes (those containing the swabs inside) previously sealed, on the back of the large envelope you must write the address of the laboratory, which will be provided by a member of our team.
Repeat the same procedure (FROM STEP 1 TO STEP 5) for the second person participating in the DNA test, using the second pair of swabs and the second envelope to deposit the samples.
Send the envelope to the address provided from the nearest post office in your city.
Request the shipping address (Regardless of your country and city of residence) by contacting:
WhatsApp: +1 647 455 0443
Mail Adress: email@example.com
We are here to help you!
DNA sampling - Kit
DNA Test - Paternity
DNA testing grandparents grandchildren
DNA Tests - Judicial Proceedings
Frequently asked questions and answers
Glossary of specific terms
Maternity DNA tests
NON - invasive Prenatal DNA
Sibling DNA testing
Uncles-nephews DNA tests
Is it possible to take a DNA test on a newborn baby?
How to do a DNA paternity test in the US? how much does it cost to do it?
How does the paternity test work in our laboratories?
How to perform a DNA paternity test in California? How much is it?
What is possible and what not to know through a paternity test?
How it works
Step 1 - Order your kit.
Click ORDER NOW, place your order and you will receive the sample collection kit in a couple of days.
Please contact us at 1-877-219-4485 or WhatsApp +1 647 455 0443 if you are having any troubles ordering.
Step 2 - Take the samples.
Collect the swab samples from the test participants.
Please Watch This Video.
Step 3 - Send the samples to us by mail
Place each pair of swabs in different envelopes (parent / child), then place the two smaller envelopes inside the larger envelope and mail it to the address specified in the instructions.
Step 4 - DNA analysis of your saliva samples in our laboratory
Once we receive the samples, we will send you an email to confirm the reception of the samples and proceed to perform the DNA test in our laboratory . You can follow up online at any time using your unique access code to know the progress status of the DNA study.
Step 5 - Receive your results.
Receive your certified results by email, usually about three days, after your samples arrive at the Lab.